Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bridal Shower - Yellow and Black Hues

I've got the itch!  The blogging itch!!  So I'm finally catching up and adding past events I've enjoyed putting together. 

This was for my best friend Liz's bridal shower in Spring 2010.  Her wedding color palette was yellow, black and white so we stuck with similar colors for her bridal shower.  Anemone's were a big inspiration for this project, though I wasn't able to get fresh blooms on the day of this event.  I learned that Anemone's are actually very delicate and you have to get them in the heart of their season to get beautiful blooms.  One day I'll get a bouquet full...  Nevertheless it all still flowed well together.

One of my 1st hand crafted banners

Hanging poms in yellow, black and grey hues



Centerpieces made with fresh lemons from my very own tree, white flowers with tiny black centers to tie w/ her palette

I love the simplicity of this cake in muted yellow. The black dotted border just pops!
Sugar Anemone Flowers by SweetDejaVu on Etsy
I swoon...


Homemade picture frame card box

No comments:

Post a Comment