Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Prince Luke's Royal 1st Birthday

This was such an adorable theme to plan - My Godson's 1st Little Prince Birthday party!  Luke's mom knew she wanted a Prince themed birthday for her son's 1st birthday.  This will probably sound like the funniest thing to some - a napkin was what kicked off the design for this theme. It wasn't just any napkin, it was a beautiful black/white damask crown print napkin that Luke's mom had to have.  I don't think I captured a good picture of it but you'll see a glimpse of it later on this post.

That gave me enough to go on the search for an invite, which of course had to include black and white, yet still contain some fun colors since this was a kids birthday party...  and I found it!  Where else?  Etsy of course!

Brooke from Beenesprout beenesprout on Etsy created this awesome design!  The yellow and blue hues added a fun element to the black and white design.


I created this sign to hang on the door.  My favorite part of this sign was the royal number 1 with a crown on it.  Brooke from Beenesprout came up with the super cute Royal 1 design on the printables she designed, which you'll get to see later.  And here you see the Royal 1 again as part of the back drop for the cake table!!  Too adorable not to carry throughout the entire party - ohhhh these are those moments that just bring pure Bliss!




Table before all the goodies were added.  Banner made with Pretty Pennants Cricut catridge.
 Cake table included cake pops, mini cupcakes and an assortment of popcorn.  The birthday boy's banner adorned the table front.  I made the banner with damask print and yellow and turquoise colored paper.



Isn't this cake majestic?!  Jen's cakes did an amazing job yet again.  I'm a huge believer in the cake being one of the focal points of any party.  This cake definitely was!




Mini cupcakes embellished with gold crowns and treat bags labeled with two different designs matched the invite.  There's that royal 1 again...


And now the reveal of the Prince's Birthday throne - Tadaa!!  I still remember the day I got the vision of converting Luke's highchair into a throne with a backdrop where he would be the focus.  I shared my thoughts with Luke's mom and we ran with the idea.  The throne was framed with tulle and a large crown wall decal that gave it the perfect touch.


Close up of the highchair birthday throne made by Luke's mommy.  If you look at the back of the chair she added a cloak to the back - wasn't that brilliant.  A royal carpet sat in front of the high chair  as well to complete the Prince's throne.








Centerpieces made with these gorgeous fabric wrapped damask boxes I found at TJ Maxx.  I saw them and had to buy them!  Didn't know how I would incorporate them into the centerpieces when I got them but knew I had to make them work.  And they did! 

I created two different tags for each side of the box using the Cricut princess party cartridge.  It included a few crown designs which is what I used for the background image.  I personalized the tags with a number 1 and Prince Luke to tie in with the theme.  We then topped each box with gold crowns and had balloon bouquets coming out of each one.  The balloons gave the room a fun and festive feel.


Here's a slight glimpse of the napkin that I mentioned earlier - can you see the crown?  If you look really hard you'll find it...



The party favors were treat bags filled with chocolate.  The tags were made to match the invite design as well.  Super cute!







19 comments:

  1. can you help me with this decor where and how i can plan and print for my littel 1 bithrday.
    i love this theam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B'liss Is In the DetailsApril 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

      Hi Bhumika you can find the party supplies for this theme on Birthday Express. I believe it's called Elegant Prince Damask theme. Please let me know what other elements you're looking for as I handmade most of the decor. Happy planning!

      Delete
  2. thanks i did found lot supply on birthday express.
    but can you help me with high chair how can i make it you can email me also on bapatel81@gmail.com
    also give me some idea for how to welcome my price to party in royal manner.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please help me with the favor bag tags. The crown on the thank you note is very nice.

    Thanks
    Ade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ade we got all the printable for this party including the treat bag tags from Beenesprout on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/beenesprout You can go to almost any shop on Etsy that customizes party invites and ask them to customize something similar for you. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. I would love to know how you did the highchair? My sons birthday is in 2 weeks and he is a prince theme. you can email me at shellybrann@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly the highchair was simply draped with fabric and then secured with pins. You'll need a really long piece of frabric to make sure you cover the entire thing. The tassel and white furlike fabric were also pinned on to the chair to keep it secure. You'll need to work the fabric evenly around the chair so that it's shaped/formed correctly..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can i find that wall piece in tge back of the cake table?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mari if you're refering to the damask backdrop that was wrapping paper I laid on the wall with tulled draped above it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I was wondering if you made that royal thrown and if so could you possible make me one for my son 1st royal birthda! And how much it would cost me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing. I love your ideas. I'm going to try to re-create the highchair throne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'm using the same prince damask theme for my baby shower and I would like to know about how/where you got the giant crown above the highchair?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I'm using the same prince damask theme for my baby shower and I would like to know about how/where you got the giant crown above the highchair?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I'm using the same prince damask theme for my baby shower and I would like to know about how/where you got the giant crown above the highchair?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi im planningmy son 1st birthdayi got alot off of partyexpress but i like alot of your handmade decor could you help me

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI! I was wondering if you could share how you made the prince throne on the highchair? Would you mind sharing how you put it together?

    ReplyDelete
  15. For many that have asked about high chair construction/assembly - the highchair was simply draped with fabric and then secured with pins. You'll need a really long piece of frabric to make sure you cover the entire thing. The tassel and white furlike fabric were also pinned on to the chair to keep it secure. You'll need to work the fabric evenly around the chair so that it's shaped/formed correctly..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where can I buy this chair cover?

    ReplyDelete
  17. All the preparations and decorations doe for the birthday are exceptionally mind blowing. Will suggest the same to my sister wanting to arrange a birthday party for her daughter Veronica. Saw many venue NYC online and shortlisted few of them. Have to rush for all arrangements to send timely invitations to all guests. Hope the little one feels happy seeing the worthy preparations.

    ReplyDelete